Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Books, conservatives and polling were just a few of the many things talked about at this weeks The Bloggers Briefing, hosted by the Heritage Foundation. Below are a few highlights:
- Kate Obenshain from the Young American’s Foundation and Stephen Bannon talked about their new documentary, The Conservatives. This 28 minute film shows students how the economy is failing and what needs to be done about it. The point, Obenshain said, is to get young people to join the conservative movement. They wanted to compare the ideas of Ronald Reagan to the failed policies of the Obama administration. Young people need to know that they can speak up for the free market and conservative ideas, Obenshain said. One of the main targets for this documentary, Bannon said, is the Occupy movement. Occupiers on the fringe, he said, have never been taught free-market values. They hope that The Conservatives can be used as a recruitment tool for conservative students.
- Fred Lucas discussed his new book, The Right Frequency: the story of the talk radio giants who shook up the political and media establishment. In this book, Lucas interviewed some of the great radio talk show hosts like Fulton Lewis Jr. and Bob Grant. You can order the book here.
- Emily Ekins of Reason Foundation talked about Reason’s new polling research on the healthcare mandate. They found that the wording of polling is everything and that often, polls don’t dig deep enough. Reason’s polling revealed that the public wants benefits, but that it depends on the cost. Often, Ekins said, people don’t know about the cost in polling questions. In order to really know what the public opinion is, she said, pollsters need to add new questions.
The Bloggers Briefing is a weekly event hosted by the Heritage Foundation to inform conservative bloggers about books, events and policy that they should be informed about. It’s held every Tuesday at 12 EST and is live streamed to audiences everywhere. To listen in next time, just go to the Heritage Foundation’s livestream page.
Tags: bloggers brief, blogging, heritage, heritage foundation, reason foundation, Young American's Foundation
- Wednesday 12-1 ET: Tweet-Up with the makers of Hating Breitbart!
- Wednesday 12-1 ET: Tweet-up with James O’Keefe!
- TONIGHT at 6: Watch Mallory Factor’s New York Meeting Live!
- Wednesday, 12-1ET: Tweet-Up With Tabitha Hale of Rare.us!
- Anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist reveals strategy in tweet-up