Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
A photographer friend once told me that the worst picture was the one untaken. We were talking about how all the best equipment can mean nothing if the picture isn’t taken. (Thus, compact cameras and smart phones!)
Likewise, the story unwritten? Well, maybe not the worst story ever, but certainly sad (most of the time).
New writers tend to make the biggest mistake of all: They don’t write.
Why don’t they write? Well:
- They don’t know what to say
- They’re not in the mood.
- Other people are better writers.
- They’re tired.
- They’re busy.
- Writing is just too dang hard.
Well, you’re not alone. Many people want to write and never do.
What’s the key to starting to write? Just do it. Do it now. Don’t wait til the time is right or you have the perfect subject or the perfect equipment.
It is easier to edit something that exists, than to stare at a white screen waiting for perfection to manifest.
Need help? Your friends at Citizen Watchdog would love to help you get started!
Become a Citizen Watchdog! It’s easy!
P.S. Did you know that the Franklin Center has an app for your Phone? We do! Why not download it NOW and have the latest, best, unbiased news at your fingertips…and there’s more features coming!
P.P.S. Remember, it’s easy to become a Citizen Watchdog. Sign up today!
- You Can Do “Man on the Street” Interviews Like the Pros
- Your Smartphone is Your Information Activism Toolkit
- 3 Lessons Citizen Journalists Should Learn from BuzzFeed’s Plagiarism Scandal
- WEBINAR: How to Shoot Video at Local Events
- 9 Tips for Telling Your Story With Video!