Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
All writing is social. That is, writing is social if it’s any good. Anti-social writing is writing no one reads. It’s solitary.
How to get more people reading your writing? Well, make it more social. How does one make writing social? Here’s some ways:
- Link to other people writing about the subject
- Comment in your comment section
- Email a new commenter
- Mention people by name in your writing
- Tweet it. Facebook it. Share it!
The link, the connection to someone else, is a great way to get people to read your work. Everyone is flattered when they see their worked being referenced even if they vehemently disagree.
Good writing is social writing. Be social and you’ll see your readership increase.
- Citizen Spotlight: Chris Delamo, Grand Prize Winner of Watchdog Video Contest
- You Can Do “Man on the Street” Interviews Like the Pros
- It’s August Recess: Ask Your Question and Demand Answers!
- WEBINAR: How to Shoot Video at Local Events
- 9 Tips for Telling Your Story With Video!