Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
We could call it a “lunch and learn,” but we’re more fun than that…
Join the staff of Watchdog Wire, a project of The Franklin Center, for a tweet-up with Kyle Olson of EAGnews.org and Townhall.com! Bring your lunch to your computer, and tweet with us on Wednesday. We’ll be talking about education reform and what citizens can do to hold teachers, school boards, and politicians accountable.
- WHEN: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12-1pm ET
- WHERE: Twitter.com or your Twitter app, using the hashtag #WDWTU
- WHO: You! And Kyle Olson, the Publisher of EAGnews.org, a news service dedicated to education reform and school spending research, reporting, analysis and commentary. He is also a contributor for the conservative news site Townhall.com.
- WHY: This week is National School Choice Week! We are doing our part to help cover the issue, so we will be discussing education reform.
If you joined us two weeks ago for the tweet-up with Tucker Carlson, then you already know how this works. However, if you’re unfamiliar with the process, you’re not alone. Tweet-ups are still a rather new phenomenon in social media, but they are becoming very popular.
During a tweet-up, an organization or a person (in this case, @WatchdogWire) promotes a specific Twitter hashtag (ours will be #WDWTU for “watchdog wire tweet-up”), and schedules a time to meet on Twitter. Typically, there is a moderator and a guest who engage in a Q&A session for everyone to see. You can simply observe the conversation or choose to join in and ask a question. Think of this as a virtual town hall to learn more about a specific issue.
Just make sure you include #WDWTU in each of your tweets during the conversation so that we will see them. We don’t want to miss you! Also, you may want to take a moment and follow us at @WatchdogWire and your fellow watchdogs tweeting with #WDWTU — it’s always great to grow your network with like-minded individuals.
All you need to know are three simple steps:
1. Go to www.Twitter.com.
2. Log in to your Twitter account (or sign up for an account if
it’s your first time)
3. Type #WDWTU in the search bar at the top.
If you need assistance setting up a Twitter account before our first tweet-up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am ET Wednesday, Jan. 30. Be sure to include your phone number with area code, and someone will contact you to help.
We look forward to seeing you on Twitter on Wednesday at noon!
- Wednesday 12-1 ET: Tweet-up with James O’Keefe!
- TONIGHT at 6: Watch Mallory Factor’s New York Meeting Live!
- Wednesday, 12-1ET: Tweet-Up With Tabitha Hale of Rare.us!
- Anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist reveals strategy in tweet-up
- Wednesday April 10, 12 PM ET: Tweet-Up With Grover Norquist!