Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
We could call it a “lunch and learn,” but we’re more fun than that…
Join the staff of Watchdog Wire, a project of The Franklin Center, for a tweet-up with one of the founders of TeaPartyCommunity.com — Tim Selaty, Sr.! Bring your lunch to your computer, and tweet with us on Wednesday. TPC is a new, innovative tool for citizens to connect in their shared mission of holding elected officials accountable, and for citizens to connect with others doing the same. Our Florida Editor, Dr. Rich Swier, recently interviewed the founders for Watchdog Wire.
- WHEN: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12-1pm ET
- WHERE: Twitter.com or your Twitter app, using the hashtag #WDWTU
- WHO: You, Watchdog Wire, and Tim Selaty, Sr. of Tea Party Community
- WHAT: Discussing the TPC platform and utilization of similar sites for Citizen Watchdogs
- WHY: Learn about TeaPartyCommunity.com as a tool for citizens
Now to the HOW part… During a tweet-up, an organization or a person (in this case, @WatchdogWire ) promotes a specific Twitter hashtag (ours will be #WDWTU for “Watchdog Wire tweet-up”), and schedules a time to meet on Twitter. Typically, there is a moderator and a guest who engage in a Q&A session for everyone to see. You can simply observe the conversation or choose to join in and ask a question. Think of this as a virtual town hall to learn more about a specific issue.
Just make sure you include #WDWTU in each of your tweets during the conversation so that we will see them. We don’t want to miss you! Also, you may want to take a moment and follow us at @WatchdogWire and your fellow watchdogs tweeting with #WDWTU — it’s always great to grow your network with like-minded individuals.
All you need to know are three simple steps:
1. Go to www.Twitter.com.
2. Log in to your Twitter account (or sign up for an account if it’s your first time)
3. Type #WDWTU in the search bar at the top.
If you need assistance setting up a Twitter account before our first tweet-up, please firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am ET Wednesday. Be sure to include your phone number with area code, and someone will contact you to help.
We look forward to seeing you on Twitter on Wednesday at 12pm ET!!!
- New federal dietary guidelines are a meaty issue
- Regulating the internet, or just bluffing? Bill would give online poker a raw deal
- Nader Proposes New Political Alliance to Stop Crony Capitalism
- VA: Congressional Candidates Gang Up On Comstock In Her Absence
- DC Open Government Coalition Pushes for Transparency at the Local Level