Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Last week Robert Scott, the former Texas Education Commissioner, testified to the House Standing Committee on Education on the wisdom of adopting Common Core Standards in Kansas. His written testimony is linked to at the end of this article.
Perhaps the most interesting and revealing information Scott told the committee and audience was the experience of Texas when it resisted adopting the Common Core Standards: Intense bureaucratic and political pressure was applied. Audio is nearby, and another article about Scott with video is at Former education commissioner blasts Common Core process.
Scott’s testimony may be read here: Robert Scott, Kansas House Education Committee.
- War on Christmas Tweet-Up with Thomas More Law Center this Tuesday
- Kansas school logic, Goddard-style
- Mississippi State Senator Exposes Shocking Truth about Common Core Adoption (Video)
- Are the Common Core Standards really state-led? (videos)
- Tweet-Up with Kira Davis for a conversation on Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness