Please visit our new home and follow us on social media: Facebook & Twitter
Come join us at Watchdog Arena!
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Last week Robert Scott, the former Texas Education Commissioner, testified to the House Standing Committee on Education on the wisdom of adopting Common Core Standards in Kansas. His written testimony is linked to at the end of this article.
Perhaps the most interesting and revealing information Scott told the committee and audience was the experience of Texas when it resisted adopting the Common Core Standards: Intense bureaucratic and political pressure was applied. Audio is nearby, and another article about Scott with video is at Former education commissioner blasts Common Core process.
Scott’s testimony may be read here: Robert Scott, Kansas House Education Committee.
- ACLU and NAACP suing Ferguson School District for having ‘Unfair’ election practices
- Kansas University records request seen as political attack
- Kansas cities should not unilaterally grant tax breaks
- Myth-busting Kansas school teacher cuts and student ratios
- In Kansas, school employment rises again