Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Last week Robert Scott, the former Texas Education Commissioner, testified to the House Standing Committee on Education on the wisdom of adopting Common Core Standards in Kansas. His written testimony is linked to at the end of this article.
Perhaps the most interesting and revealing information Scott told the committee and audience was the experience of Texas when it resisted adopting the Common Core Standards: Intense bureaucratic and political pressure was applied. Audio is nearby, and another article about Scott with video is at Former education commissioner blasts Common Core process.
Scott’s testimony may be read here: Robert Scott, Kansas House Education Committee.
- VIDEO: South Carolina Senator Tim Scott focuses on School Choice during CPAC 2014
- Community Organizing for Today’s World
- The grassroots Kansas teachers union
- Kansas school finance lawsuit deflects from issues that could help schoolchildren
- Education of School Choice is Not Over: Get the ABC’s