Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Video: Congressman Confronts CDC Chief Over Misleading White House Statement on Sequester Cuts to Vaccine Program
The Obama administration claims, on a White House website, that 2,050 less children in Maryland will receive vaccines due to Sequestration. Sequestration cuts the CDC 317 program by $30 million. Yet Obama’s proposed 2013 budget cuts the program $58 million, nearly double the amount of the sequester cuts.
Watch Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) confront CDC Director Tom Frieden, who admits his agency could have ensured the same level of vaccinations under deeper Obama administration cuts, but not under smaller sequester reductions.
Tags: Andy Harris, Barack Obama, Centers for Disease Control, Sequester
- Pension Problems: SEC orders Kansas to stop doing what it did under Sebelius and Parkinson
- KS: What’s the Public’s Opinion on Wichita’s Proposed Sales Tax?
- Georgia City with Questionable Land Grab Has History of Misusing HUD Money
- What is the truth on education finance in Kansas?
- Opinion: Before asking for more taxes, Wichita should stop wasting what it has