Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Video: Congressman Confronts CDC Chief Over Misleading White House Statement on Sequester Cuts to Vaccine Program
The Obama administration claims, on a White House website, that 2,050 less children in Maryland will receive vaccines due to Sequestration. Sequestration cuts the CDC 317 program by $30 million. Yet Obama’s proposed 2013 budget cuts the program $58 million, nearly double the amount of the sequester cuts.
Watch Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) confront CDC Director Tom Frieden, who admits his agency could have ensured the same level of vaccinations under deeper Obama administration cuts, but not under smaller sequester reductions.
Tags: Andy Harris, Barack Obama, Centers for Disease Control, Sequester
- Should WA State Legislators do a D.C. Thing?
- Kansas needs to focus on growth when wrapping up session
- To boost jobs and prosperity, Kansas should cut spending
- Intrust Bank Arena depreciation expense is important, even today
- Progress in Kansas: Progressives Up in Arms Over Conservative Governance