Please visit our new home and follow us on social media: Facebook & Twitter
Come join us at Watchdog Arena!
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – BF
Inventor. Printer. Wordsmith. Founding Father. All of these words describe the American hero from which our parent organization, The Franklin Center, was named after- Benjamin Franklin.
What would Ben have to say about American society and the state of journalism if he were alive today? Are bloggers the modern day pamphleteers? Is the Internet the new printing press?
Find out at our flashback tweet up in honor of Independence Day. Ben Franklin will travel through history to talk to citizen journalists and American patriots about our nation’s founding. Use the hash tag #IMetBen and #WDWTU to join.
Get your questions ready NOW for our fun flash back tweet up: Why the printing press? Is well done really better than well said? What was it like to attend the Continental Congress?
· WHEN: Wednesday, July 3, 2013, 12-1pm ET
· WHERE: Twitter.com or your Twitter app, using the hashtag #WDWTU
· WHO: You, Ben Franklin (@FranklinCenter), and Watchdog Wire
· WHAT: A conversation about our nation’s founding and the birth of journalism
· WHY: A fun way to celebrate Independence Day and honor one of our Founding Fathers, Ben Franklin
Now to the HOW part… During a tweet-up, an organization or a person (in this case, @WatchdogWire) promotes a specific Twitter hashtag [ours will be #WDWTU (Watchdog Wire Tweet Up) and #IMetBen”], and schedules a time to meet on Twitter. Typically, there is a moderator and a guest who engage in a Q&A session for everyone to see. You can simply observe the conversation or choose to join in and ask a question. Think of this as a virtual town hall with Ben Franklin!
Just make sure you include #WDWTU in each of your tweets during the conversation so that we will see them. We don’t want to miss you! Also, you may want to take a moment and follow us at @WatchdogWire and your fellow watchdogs tweeting with #WDWTU — it’s always great to grow your network with like-minded individuals.
All you need to know are three simple steps:
1. Go to www.Twitter.com.
2. Log in to your Twitter account (or sign up for an account if it’s your first time)
3. Type #WDWTU in the search bar at the top.
If you need assistance setting up a Twitter account before our first tweet-up, please email email@example.com by 9am ET Wednesday. Be sure to include your phone number with area code, and someone will contact you to help.
We look forward to seeing you on Twitter on Wednesday, July 3 at 12pm ET!!!
- Protected: Select the grand prize winner of Watchdog Wire’s summer video contest
- Meet Our Celebrity Judges for the Summer Video Contest
- Watchdog Wire Weekly Wrap
- The power of what citizens can capture with video
- Recess isn’t just for kids: Enter our video journalism contest!