Please visit our new home and follow us on social media: Facebook & Twitter
Come join us at Watchdog Arena!
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
We’re quickly approaching Sunshine Week 2014 – a week dedicated to two of our favorite things: government transparency and accountability.
This year, we’re doing something different, and we need *your* help!
We are asking you, our citizen watchdogs, to AUDIT your city, county, or township website.
Can you access budgets on your county website, or find contact information for all public officials? Are meeting minutes available? Is there a database of all public spending? In our opinion, It’s the 21st century – and this stuff should be online!
1. Log on to your local government’s website and start clicking around. (You should be able to find it easily by Googling the name of your city or county).
3. Write down your observations about how user friendly or transparent the website is for everyday citizens. Frame your thoughts in the style of a blogpost and we will feature it on Watchdog Wire. Send your article to Info@WatchdogWire.com.
4. Not a writer? Fill out this quick web form about your city website and send the information to us!
5. Watchdog Wire staff will send the feedback to your local government on YOUR behalf.
Let’s make some noise about the state of government websites in America! Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly – and we will feature your work on Watchdog Wire.
This Sunshine Week, join us in demanding more transparent and accessible local governments.
- Protected: Select the grand prize winner of Watchdog Wire’s summer video contest
- Meet Our Celebrity Judges for the Summer Video Contest
- Watchdog Wire Weekly Wrap
- The power of what citizens can capture with video
- Recess isn’t just for kids: Enter our video journalism contest!