Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Franklin Center’s Citizen Watchdog training program is dedicated to preserving and strengthening democracy through promoting citizen journalism and engaging the stakeholders of America’s future to serve as watchdogs at the local, state and federal level.
The public now has access to more tools that allow them to actively participate in government and to make their voice heard to the public at large, than at any time before in our history. Do you want to enhance your journalism skills and become a more effective advocate for government transparency? Are you interested in joining our army of citizen watchdogs? Find out when our Citizen Watchdog training is coming to your state!
We are committed to providing Citizen Training on various topics:
- Open Records and FOIA issues (your right to know)
- Blogger Basics
- Writing Techniques
- Researching a Story and Fact Checking Sources
- Video Journalism
- Social Media techniques (Twitter, Facebook effectiveness and more)
If your organization is interested in partnering with us to bring this type of training please contact us at: email@example.com
We also have free training online with webinars, tweet-ups, and occasional additional methods like live streams, google hang outs, and one on one training.
- June 8-9th Social Media Training with Americans for Prosperity Foundation MT, Bozeman
- May 18 Citizen Watchdog Training w/AFP-NJ, Atlantic City, NJ
- May 11-12 BLOGCON (invite only) w/ Freedomworks, Dallas Tx
- April 26 Breitbart Awards w/ Heritage Foundation
- April 19-20 Pennsylvania Leadership Conference, Harrisburg Pa,
- April 6th Citizen Watchdog Training w/ AFP-NJ, Hasbrouck Heights NJ,
- March 1/2 Conservative Leadership Conference Civitas- Raleigh, NC
- February 15-16 Students for Liberty Conference, Washington DC
- February 12 | AFPF GA Citizen Watchdog Summit – Atlanta Ga
- February 1-2 Western Liberty Network Citizen Watchdog Training, Redmond Oregon
- January 19 | MI: Citizen Watchdog Training W/ AFP-Mi