Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
According to the Times of Israel, “The IDF Spokesman’s Office said Thursday it was looking into a photograph circulating widely on Facebook in which 16 IDF soldiers arranged their uniformed bodies on the sand, to spell out the Hebrew words “Bibi loser” — in a deft physical critique of Prime Minister Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu’s failure to send ground troops into Gaza during the just-ended Operation Pillar of Defense.” READ MORE…
The following was received by WDW from the Israeli Consul General in Miami:
Main Message: Operation “Pillar of Defense” has improved the security of the State of Israel and the safety of its citizens. It has demonstrated the determination of Israel to defend its civilians against terrorist attack, while doing its utmost to avoid harm to the civilians of Gaza behind whom the terrorists were hiding.
1. Quiet will be answered with quite. If the quite is violated, Israel will respond with appropriate force. The understanding achieved is that the fire will be ceased as of 2100 (2PM EDT) and after 24 hours of calm, issues of concern to the parties can be discussed (though not directly).
2. The military operation was carried out according to plan and achieved many significant objectives: senior terrorist commanders were killed and most of the missiles aimed at the center of the country were disabled, as well as thousands of shorter range rockets.
3. The international community has expressed full support for Israel’s right to defend itself. Israel was able to put together an international coalition against Hamas, much like the international coalition formed against Iran.
4. Israel thanks the US for its support of the operation and the Iron Dome system, as well as its willingness to help prevent future arms smuggling into Gaza.
5. Israel also welcomes the contribution of Egypt to stopping rocket attacks against its civilians
6. Iron Dome has proven to be a strategic asset – it says lives strengthens the home front and reduces the enemy’s motivation to attack.
7. Israeli citizens demonstrated remarkable resilience.
8. As seen in the past, it may take time for the cease-fire to take hold.
9. The operation has provided leverage in the struggle against Iran, which has armed, financed and trained the terrorist organizations in Gaza.
10. Intelligence has shown that Hamas was surprised by the intensity of the reaction, and has regretted precipitating an Israeli reaction. It has lost the head of its military wing, its long-range missiles and much of its arsenal
11. Israel has re-established deterrence, and demonstrated to a turbulent region that it will not shy away from take action against threats to its citizens.
Consulate General of Israel to Florida & Puerto Rico
RELATED COLUMN: OBAMA HELPED HAND VICTORY TO HAMAS AND THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD
- FL: Gala balls and black-tie fundraisers under the microscope
- FL: Senate Bill improves watchdog’s access to public records
- FL: Use affordable housing tax for affordable housing
- FL: Woman goes to court to defend right to live independently
- FL: Bullard fined $3,000 for not filing financial report