Please visit our new home and follow us on social media: Facebook & Twitter
Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
The Florida Department of Health has estimated that Florida will have 1,789 pot shops if Amendment 2 passes.
The five counties with the largest estimated number of pot shops are:
- Miami-Dade with 239
- Palm Beach County with 126
- Broward County with 168
- Hillsborough County with 118
- Orange County (Orlando) with 112
Pot shops are coming to Florida should Amendment 2 pass. In states like Washington and Colorado, pot shops out number Starbucks in some areas. It is a booming business in other states and the growth has been exponential.
Does this sound like medical use only?
Voters will decide when the amendment appears on the November 4 ballot.
Tags: Florida Amendment 2, medical marijuana, pot shop, unintended consequences
- Game of chance settles Florida council election
- Florida Watchdog aids victim of ‘telephone voting’ scam
- Reporting election fraud? There’s an app for that
- FL: Can a citizen journalist make a difference?
- Souls to the Polls: An exercise of political influence