Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Comparing Presidents Nixon and Obama – quote by quote
Many pundits and journalists, including CBS’ Bob Schieffer, have drawn parallels between the Obama White House’s handling of scandals plaguing the administration and former President Nixon’s management of Watergate. Reveal Politics looked back in the archives to see just how close they were.
THE KEY DIFFERENCES:
The Watergate scandal was narrow and only involved key staff in the Nixon White House. The current IRS, AP, Fox News (James Rosen), Fast and Furious, Benghazi and Extortion 17 scandals involve multiple cabinet officers and departments. Including but not limited to: White House staff, Department of State, Department of the Treasury, IRS, Department of Justice and FBI.
- Could Iranian missiles threaten Florida by 2015?
- St. Lucie County, Florida withdraws from Seven50 Plan (+ Video)
- Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law Stood Its Ground against attack – for now
- NAACP demands ignored until after Hillsborough Superintendent’s contract extension
- What are the major issues on the 2014 Florida legislative agenda?