Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Comparing Presidents Nixon and Obama – quote by quote
Many pundits and journalists, including CBS’ Bob Schieffer, have drawn parallels between the Obama White House’s handling of scandals plaguing the administration and former President Nixon’s management of Watergate. Reveal Politics looked back in the archives to see just how close they were.
THE KEY DIFFERENCES:
The Watergate scandal was narrow and only involved key staff in the Nixon White House. The current IRS, AP, Fox News (James Rosen), Fast and Furious, Benghazi and Extortion 17 scandals involve multiple cabinet officers and departments. Including but not limited to: White House staff, Department of State, Department of the Treasury, IRS, Department of Justice and FBI.
- Airport Taxing Authority chooses not to levy taxes
- Public dollars used to pay for private schools
- FL: Passenger rail turns back on 150-year-old roots
- Operation “Walking Dead” nets 18 social security thieves
- FL: IRS employee arrested in tax-refund scheme