Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Between 2002-2011, federal prosecutors convicted 270 public officials in Maryland.
According to Department of Justice data compiled by Business Insider, U.S. Attorney’s convicted 4.5 public officials per 100,000 people in Maryland, making the Free State the 11th most corrupt state in the nation.
Louisiana earned the top spot with 9 convictions per 100,000, and South Carolina was the least corrupt state with less than 1.3 convictions per 100,000 people.
- Maryland 11th Most Corrupt State
- New Maryland Laws, Effective October 1, 2013
- MD: Anne Arundel County Police Refuse FOIA Request on SWAT Raids
- Conflict of Interest: Del. Joseph Vallario and a Question of Ethics
- Delegate Don Dwyer’s Drinking Woes Continue