Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
VIDEO: Rep. Andy Harris Confronts CDC Chief Over Misleading White House Statement on Sequester Cuts to Vaccine Program
The Obama administration claims, on a White House website, that 2,050 less children in Maryland will receive vaccines due to Sequestration. Sequestration cuts the CDC 317 program by $30 million. Yet Obama’s proposed 2013 budget cuts the program $58 million, nearly double the amount of the sequester cuts.
Watch Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) confront CDC Director Tom Frieden, who admits his agency could have ensured the same level of vaccinations under deeper Obama administration cuts, but not under smaller sequester reductions.
Tags: Andy Harris, Barack Obama, Centers for Disease Control, sequestration
- Maryland’s Education Bureaucracy
- Despite Losses Baltimore Won’t Sell Taxpayer Funded Hilton Hotel
- Baltimore Ravens, NFL No Strangers to Taxpayer Money
- Maryland Treads Water in Two Key Reports
- Fact Checking Martin O’Malley