Please visit our new home and follow us on social media: Facebook & Twitter
Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Its taxes are, certainly. Kentucky has the 6th highest excise tax on beer. The trade group, the Beer Institute has indicated that on average in the United States, when “all the taxes levied on the production, distribution and retailing of beer are added up, they amount to more than 40% of the retail price.” Kentucky’s well known bourbon industry is also very highly taxed, as well.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- Treasurer Mandel Opens State of Ohio Checkbook
- Cleveland-area mayor sues bloggers for $25,000 for criticism
- Ride-Sharing Revolution Receives Lukewarm Welcome In Ohio
- Conflicting claims about who killed bin Laden draw fire
- Ohio audit finds Clark County using public money for campaign purposes