Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
We ask that all citizen journalists who choose to write or post on Watchdog Wire abide by the following guidelines:
▪ Since Watchdog Wire’s tax status is as a 501(c)3 organization, contributors (writers) are prohibited from engaging in political advocacy on the website such as endorsing any candidate or legislation in an article.
▪ All citizen articles are views reflected by the author. Content posted by citizen journalists do not necessarily reflect the views of Watchdog Wire or Franklin Center. Content must be related to our mission of exposing waste, fraud, and abuse in government.
▪ Libel will not be tolerated. All data presented in articles or posts must be hyper-linked and cited to sources so our readers can see the evidence for themselves. We encourage our citizen writers to treat sources as they would want to be treated.
▪ Any comments made on articles or posts that contain profanity or vulgar language will be removed by the Watchdog Wire staff. Disagreement or discourse is welcomed on the website as long as it is done in an appropriate and respectful manner.
▪ All articles must include a public byline attributed to the author. Writers who choose to use a pen name or remain otherwise anonymous must receive permission from Watchdog Wire staff. E-mail Info@WatchdogWire.com with specific questions or requests.
▪ We welcome other blogs and news sites to cross-post content on Watchdog Wire using the following guidelines: Include the full article at Watchdog Wire with a link to the local website or blog, and post 50% content at the local website with a link back to the Watchdog Wire article.