Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
By Texas Watchdog
HOUSTON — Harris County taxpayers learned this week that a fourth, even more expensive Reliant Astrodome redevelopment plan now exists.
This one would cost about $400 million, County Judge Ed Emmett said after Tuesday morning’s County Commissioners Court meeting. And it would entail demolishing the existing Reliant Arena and building a new one within the Astrodome, according to an official with the Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation.
- San Antonio Area Proposes Bond “Re-Fi” for New Schools
- Opinion: Time to shed new transparency on those who oppose government transparency
- Is Cy-Fair ISD illegally using tax dollars to lobby?
- SOLD: Lawmakers approve selling off Texas roads to private corporations
- DOUBLE TAX: Texas lawmakers vote to use property taxes to build toll roads