Please visit our new home and follow us on social media: Facebook & Twitter
Sign up as a Citizen Journalist and get involved in Information Activism.
Sign Up for Watchdog Updates!
Venable v. Quinn: CSCOPE on its way out, but controversy continues
CSCOPE’s discontinuation sparks an interesting exchange between Peggy Venable, Texas Director of Americans for Prosperity, and Texas Freedom Network’s Dan Quinn. In addition to this video, comments from both are featured in our article CSCOPE to Discontinue Providing ISD Lesson Plans; Other Questions Still Exist.
Venable views CSCOPE’s administration a betrayal of public trust as well as a backdoor approach to implementing the Texas-rejected Common Core Standards. Quinn maintains the program’s fate is due to a “witch hunt” promoted by right-wing activists and that its demise has now “encouraged them to look for more witches to burn.”
Tags: AFP, Americans for Prosperity, CSCOPE, education, government, Peggy Venable, students, taxpayer, Texas, Texas 83rd Legislative Session, transparency
- CAUGHT IN CLASS: Texas professor compares the Tea Party to the Nazis
- Texas Has A Covert Spending Problem
- University of North Texas green, mean spirit continues attracting attention
- Five Dallas-area schools install Ebola fever scanners
- In Texas, the Lieutenant Governor Race is Heating Up